Are you packed?

pack
Photo Credit: Luxuo.com

If you’ve followed this blog long enough, you would know that I love traveling. I mean, I just love the idea of moving from place to place so you don’t get bored in one place. I’ve always pictured my life as one in a suitcase. You know, where you travel to different locations with one packed suitcase. That’s a major reason why I majored in International Relations back in college. Traveling… such an adventure! 😉

One of the things I like about traveling is packing. I begin packing in my mind before I even do it physically. I avoid the risk of packing on the day of the journey. Sometimes I even double-pack a week ahead so I don’t forget anything 😃

We’re familiar with the phrase ‘this world is not my home’ and that is true! As Christians, we are aware that Christ has gone to prepare a place for us and He’ll be coming back to take us home.

In My Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. -John 14:2-3

So we are pretty much chilling in a hotel called ‘Earth’. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t make a hotel room mine. I wouldn’t make installations and buy expensive furniture for the hotel room. Why? Because it isn’t my home. And even as a sojourner, I know how invaluable home is. Home is where the heart is right?

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. – Col 3:2

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matt 6:21

Some of us have gotten pretty ‘wowed’ by our lush hotel rooms and the extravagant room service and pampering that we don’t really wanna go home anymore. At least, we’re not thinking much about it. They’ve been saying Jesus is coming soon for centuries now, innit? Well, true. But if Jesus was ‘coming soon’ centuries back, shouldn’t it be ‘soonest’ now?

With a lot of posts and messages reminding us of the Saviour’s coming, I have to ask this:

Are you packed?

Are you ready to go home? Or have you gotten too comfortable in this Earth Hotel that you’ve forgotten the flight home could be any time?

Now that you’ve got the time, start packing! Get your life straight. Leave no room for sin. The flight won’t wait. The schedule is unknown. You’ve gotta be ready. He will be here any moment.

And hey! If you’re not in a relationship with God yet and you’re not sure you’re going to make the flight, please say this prayer below:

Dear Lord, thank you for my life. Thank you for you love me and you sent your son to die for me. I believe you died and rose on the third day. I confess all my sins to you. I ask that you come into my heart and live in me. Help me to live ready for your coming. That I may not miss it. This I pray in Jesus name, amen.

See you all on the flight home! ❤ ❤

stamp new

17 thoughts on “Are you packed?

Courtney said:
    October 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Great analogy Mfon! So true that Jesus could come back at any time and we need to be ready!

#Celonarants!! said:
    October 2, 2016 at 11:24 PM

I lay my words for today on your alter hun..
    You just defined me 😉

savedbygrace2009 said:
    October 3, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Wow this was so awesome ~ you use such great analogies when teaching and sharing the Bible with others I love that !!! This is definitely a gift and I bet there are LOTS of pastors who would love to have this amazing gift you have been given ~
    Keep using the gifts you have been blessed with and God bless you : )

October 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Thank you so much. I really treasure your kind words. God bless you!

October 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM

My friend and I were just talking about this, it seems as Christians we are getting comfortable here and acting like we know when to straighten up, as if we are aware when Jesus will come

October 5, 2016 at 10:19 AM

So true! We act as though we’ll get the notification before He comes. I pray God helps us all to live ready! Thanks Damola! ❤

officialnnamdi said:
    October 3, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Wow! Thanks for the message Dainty; indeed He is coming soon. Unfortunately, sometimes we get caught up on the beautiful things on earth (our hotel room) and we forget that our would always be the best! Surplus food, no hunger, no death! What else could we ask for? God bless you 🙏🏽

October 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM

I know right! 😀 Yet, it’s so easy to focus on what we can see than what we can’t see. God help us all! Thanks Nnamdi!

DamiLoves said:
    October 3, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Ahh… I loved this analogy. What a wonderful reminder that this earth is certainly not our home 🏡
    Thanks for helping us change our perspective

D'Dream said:
    October 6, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Very insightful post as usual. More grace

October 7, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Thank God! Thank you for stopping by! 🙂

Chanel Bailey said:
    October 7, 2016 at 4:02 AM

Awesome reminder and great prayer of salvation assurance! I’m ready but not now! Want to embrace some traveling experiences and make sure that I do His Will while I’m here to make sure I don’t leave anything behind! Thankful for continued Grace & Mercy!😇

October 7, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Lol @ I’m ready but not now. I know right! I also have a lot of ‘purpose fulfilling’ to be done as well before the ride comes 😀 Thank God for His grace and mercy! Thanks Chanel! 🙂