Day 19: Something that never fails to make me feel better
It’s easy to feel the blues every now and then. One thing or the other can get us mad, get us hurt or just get us off. Whenever I have such off days, certain things never fail to make me feel better. Here’s a list:
1. Creamy cheesy sugary finger licking food: whenever I’m down, food makes me feel better. Ice cream, waffles, chicken and chips or even a milkshake can totally transform my mood 😁 Shout out to my fellow foodies!
2. Shopping: one can’t be sad and broke at the same time! That’d be rock bottom. Lol. Shopping always helps me feel better- at least for a little while before I start freaking out about the unplanned expenses. Something about store lights and racks of clothes and shoes (OMG! And accessories 😍) have a way of lifting my mood.
3. Listening to my favourite songs: I’ve got a playlist for everything. And yes, I’m one of those who listens to sad songs when I’m sad. Lol. But songs just keep me at peace and make me forget about what made me feel down in the first place.
4. Watching Sitcoms: the TV show Friends is a timeless mood changer for me. I could be so upset after spending long hours in traffic and just one episode of Friends will get me laughing.
5. A thoughtful message from a friend: I don’t always say what’s wrong with me, but I’ve been blessed with sensitive friends who usually know the right things to say to make me feel better.
6. Journaling God: so I keep this journal where I write about my day as though I’m talking to God; on days when I don’t feel so good, I tell Him all about it on the pages. After which, I feel a lot better.
That pretty much covers it. Ironically, today happened to be one of those days where my mood flipped from cheerful to sad, and this post has reminded me of all the things I should do to feel better.
Happiness isn’t really about the external triggers… But the internal choice to be happy regardless of what happens.
So tell me, what are the things that make you feel better? 👇