So I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely Beatrice from How to Start Adulting blog. She helps young adults navigate the murky seas of life. Her blog is fun and enlightening! Please check her out. Thanks again for the award, Beatrice! Read the rest of this entry »
Thanks to my Blogger friend, Blessing from Blessing Shares, I’ll be running a truth series every Wednesday (reblog from her blog) and Friday (my own post) of October. Basically the concept behind this is to share heartfelt posts with a lot of emotions that we probably would never have published on the blog. 😉
Please join us through this series as it promises to be exciting!
I’ve set out a couple of times on a journey to find myself. To dig into my soul and answer the never-ending questions of ‘Who I am?’ ‘Why am I here?’ ‘Why me?’ Believe me, it never stops! You may find the answer at the beginning of the year but mid-way, you totally forget who you really are. Or someone asks you and you start fumbling for words.
I think self-finding is a never-ending quest. Because as you grow, you begin to learn new things about yourself. Things you detested may even become your favourite things. You begin to build capacity in areas where you lacked and so on. Read the rest of this entry »
So I’ve been talking about the adult thing for some time with a couple of friends. Friends who are pretty new to the adult thing like me. I still have a lot of questions to ask. Like at what age does one really become an adult? 18? 21? When you become independent? When you get married? What even makes an adult? My dictionary defines adult as a fully developed person from maturity onward. Are the people we refer to as adults fully developed really? Or is it just the developed physical attributes we refer to?
If adulthood begins at 18, then I’ve swam in the pool of uncertainty for about 5 years. But I think the African culture recognises adults from 21, so that’s a bit more relieving that I’ve had 2 years of being uncertain about the adult thing. To be honest, I find adulthood a tad scary. It’s kinda like you suddenly become responsible for yourself. Parents withdraw monthly allowances, you become very vulnerable to the law, and you’re left to figure out life with no one to walk you through it. There’s really no dress rehearsal for adulthood, it’s almost like it just comes on you. Phew! Beads of sweat are trickling down my face as I try to analyse this.
I still remember how much I wanted to grow up when I was a kid. I just wanted the perks of independence that came with being an adult. But now that I am, I’m almost wishing I could go back. So now you get to make your decisions knowing fully well you’re responsible for them. It’s no surprise my mind is in a constant state of busyness as I try to weigh every thought, every decision, every word on the pros/cons list. The need for perfection almost drives me insane. It’s overwhelming! I’m not done making decisions for myself and you’re telling me someday I’ll be a mom and would have to make decisions for my kids and family. Gee! Wouldn’t that drive me to insanity?
‘M, take one step at a time. Just breathe.’ You may say. But I’ll give you a thousand decisions I’m yet to make; a thousand thoughts fighting for prominence.
Does anyone really figure out the adult thing? Are there rules that guide everyone? For someone like me who loves rules, are there rules to follow? Within my short time of ‘adulting’, I’ve seen those who don’t play by the rules and it works great for them. And those who abide by the rules are called safe and boring. It’s all confusing!
Yeah sure there are adults who have gone before you and can teach you the ropes. But can your life really be tailored in the same way your mom’s was? Do the same rules still apply? Okay, I really need to hear what you guys have to say about this. I really want to learn from your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!😊
I have been behind on the award front and I finally had to pull myself from the ‘Post-challenge stress’ After writing through April, my fingers have felt a little stiff lately. Anywho, write I must and write I shall! 😀
Thank you TJ from Studiotj for this nomination. You remain a breath of fresh air! I love your blog and you guys should totally check it out for that little positive spin you need! 😀
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
I’ve always loved writing and it just made sense to own a blog. Got inactive for some two years and finally got serious in 2014. It progressed from random rambles to a purposeful blog and it keeps getting better! 😀
Stay true to yourself. Just keep being you. Write all you can and about anything you want. For the likes and follows, they will come. Just keep being you.
Keep friendships with bloggers beyond the ‘blogosphere’. This year has been exciting for me because I’ve been chatting with some bloggers outside the blogosphere and it’s so amazing! Beyond writing, making friends is a huge plus for me! So yes, I advise you to do same.
And the nominees are:
I hope y’all enjoy doing this award! 🙂 ❤
Lots of love,
Thanks for hanging in there through the A-Z blogging challenge. I’ve definitely had some hard days where I can’t seem to write on any topic. But we won’t give up! 😊
Today’s letter is Q and thanks to a brilliant suggestion by the lovely Sarah, I decided to make it ‘Questions and Answers’…I requested for questions to aid this post and I got a few. Thanks to everyone who sent in their questions. (It’s not too late to ask though, I can always update the post). 🙂
So let’s get to the questions:
- Who is your celebrity crush and why?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you were asked to rule this nation for a year, what would you change?
- What are the most memorable experiences you’ve had in your relationships?
- What’s the silliest excuse someone made for not dating you?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is your favourite Bible verse?
- What are your best moments so far?
- Any most embarrassing moments?
- As a Christian, do you feel/believe that relationships should be trouble free (more like perfect)?
- My celebrity crush has changed over time but the name that easily comes to mind now is Lecrae 😍 Oh my! He’s got amazing build and he raps (and probably dances and plays Basketball) Lol. Plus, he loves the Lord! *dreamy eyes* I really think he’s super cool. 😉
- I love colours, as you probably know. But my favourite remains Blue.
- I’ve never really thought of ruling the country as I’m not a fan of politics. But in the unlikely scenario of me being a ruler, I think I’ll just cross out ‘world tour’ from my bucket list-Lol (that’s an inside joke). On a more serious note, I’ll align my policies towards building talents of youths.
- Most memorable experiences… I believe relationships here is the generally term that covers my friendships as well. Asides the normal fun hangouts once in a while I think for me the most memorable is being really open and sharing deep truths of past and present. That in itself unlocks a whole new level.
- The silliest excuse for me would be ‘you deserve better ‘ come on! I’m not stupid.😃
- I haven’t really kept pets. The one time I did, it was a cat. But I kinda prefer dogs (except when they bark at me-or chase me *covers face*)
- Currently my favourite Bible verse has to be Prov 4:23- Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life.
- Best moments so far…quite a number of them but I’ll just write two- graduation and a summer trip with my best friend
- Well yes. Although I avoid embarrassment as the plague. I’ve had embarrassing pictures taken of me eating, oh and yeah, embarrassing incidences of public speaking where I literally felt like melting into thin air.
- This is definitely a tough one. I don’t think relationships can be perfect as they are made up of imperfect individuals. But I do think as Christians, peace can be maintained and trouble averted to a large extent when both partners work towards that goal and maintain their roles.
Thanks once again for the questions! I enjoyed answering them. Feel free to still ask and I’ll update the post subsequently.
Lots of love,