I think people should shutdown for the year already, because while our bodies may still be here, our minds are in Ibiza. Well, maybe not Ibiza but under our duvets on cold mornings, and in front of the TV at night binge-watching Hallmark Christmas Movies, drinking your favorite beverage. Even just typing this makes me see myself cozying up. Reality hits when I look outside at the traffic that has plagued us this week. I can’t tell if people are traveling outta Lagos or coming in. Sighs. What I’d give for some peace and quiet in a country house close to the lake and surrounded by nature. Here I go dreaming again! Haha.
Let’s get to the business of today!
My Thanksgiving List for Letter M
- I’m thankful for ME, not in a narcissistic way, but in a vulnerable and humbling way that admits I wouldn’t be here without God. I wouldn’t be all that I am right now without Him.
- I’m thankful for my MOM and all her encouraging words throughout the year.
- I’m thankful for MOMENTS which all lined up to make this year great.
- I’m thankful for MONEY, it’s very useful in meeting needs.
- I’m thankful for MILLENNIALS, older people think we’re just entitled kids, but hey, we go through a lot more pressure, depression and anxiety than most did in their time.
- I’m thankful for MESSAGES received this year, especially the heartwarming ones.
- I’m thankful for the MESSIAH’s birth that gave us Christmas! 🎅🏾
What are you thankful for that starts with M?
When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in. —Kristin Armstrong