Guess how many days we have before the new year?
We’ve got 19 more letters to be thankful for! 💃🏽 Hope y’all are racking your brains for those things that you’re thankful for (big, small, insignificant…)
Here’s the interesting thing about thinking, your brain is able to go back to the memory bank and pull out files you didn’t even know existed. Like, remember that time you spent your last cash, but somehow still made it through? Remember that time a car almost hit you on the highway? Remember that time mom called to say she was ill, but later recovered? How about all the times you’ve entered random cars, and you weren’t robbed? Didn’t you get a new job, phone, spouse etc this year? How about those other things like the muscle-pull after gym that later straightened out? Or that boy/girl you like that finally gave you their numbers and asked to hang out?
The way I look at it, if you think about the bad, it multiplies, and you’ll be stifled from giving thanks. But if you think about the good, it also multiplies and you’ll find more reasons to give thanks! Let’s get to it! 😄
My Thanksgiving List for Letter G
- I’m thankful for GOD, my entire world revolves around Him. He’s literally everything to me! And I’m thankful for all that He is to me.
- I’m thankful for GRACE—that’s actually my name. Indeed, I’ve been soaked in GRACE all through the year. I didn’t deserve it, but God!
- I’m thankful for GRILLED meat! It always hits differently!
- I’m thankful for all the GIFTS I received this year. Those who know me well, know that this is my love language and I can give thanks for this without ‘thinking!’ 😂
- I’m thankful for the GIRL child. There’s been a lot of sad stuff going on around the world, but in spite of it, strong women have emerged from broken girls. I’m thankful for every girl out there trying to survive, and even thrive in a society that oftentimes wants to choke out every budding flower.
Your turn! What are you thankful for that starts with G?