So, that’s how Penny from Hope Found in M.E nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (but procrastination wouldn’t allow me be great 🙈) Well, I finally got to take the challenge today and I must say I had fun doing it (in your face procrastination!)
Here you go!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peers recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy.
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or blog site.
Let’s get kickin’ with Penny’s brilliant questions
1. What prompted you to start blogging?
It’s always good to remember why I started blogging in the first place. I’ve always loved writing, and I guess I was running out of notepads to write my poems, musings and stories in (oh, plus amazing cloud storage!) Lol. On a serious note though, I was prompted to start blogging as a way of sharing my God-given gifts with the world around me —to bless you and make you live victoriously. Also, I discovered that in sharing my stories of vulnerability, I connect with others who have gone through stuff like that and it just builds a family across boarders.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started on WordPress in 2014, so that’s about 5 years, yeah. We’ve gotta toast to that! So grateful to God!
3. What is your best performing blog post so far?
Hmmm, that’s a tough one. Especially because I’ve been on and off in the last two years (blame it on school and adulting) But from my stats, I’d say What You Should Know About Dating a Church Girl has been my best performing post so far.
4. If you were on the beach would you head for the beach bar or collect shells for your sand creation?
Haha! Definitely sea shells collection. I take them back home as souvenirs. I’m still trynna make necklaces out of them 😀
5. Are you joining the fight against plastic pollution and how?
Well yeah! Who doesn’t care about the planet? Thankfully, I got to work with a company which was big on the fight against plastic pollution and this gave me a chance to participate more in the fight. Reduction of single use plastics, exploring recycling options instead of merely dumping trash, and participating in clean up exercises are all part of the things I’ve engaged in.
6. Name one thing that makes you smile?
Ice cream. Teddy bears. Pizza and Netflix. Food. Friends. Family. Love. The sky. Nature. Bookstores. Well, as you’ve rightly guessed, I couldn’t pick one! 😅
7. Do you like musicals & do you have a favourite?
Not particularly. However if Les Miserables, La La Land, and The Greatest Showman movies count as musicals, then yeah I kinda like them. The Greatest Showman is my fave!
8. Are you a flipflop or wellie kind of person?
Errm, so I’ll let you on a little secret—I had to take a detour to Google to find out what wellie meant. 🙈 That kinda shows we don’t use them a lot around here, and I guess I’d have to pick flipflop (which makes more sense, as the weather here is hotter)😁
9. Is there anything you don’t like about social media?
Haha, the lack of privacy I guess. Just recently I noticed my WhatsApp status had been synced with FB and I screamed WTH?! 🤷🏽♀️ Oh, and those ‘savage’ comments on Twitter posts definitely crawl under my skin. And have I mentioned cyber bullying? Don’t like ‘em one bit!
10. What’s one of your favourite characteristics in a person?
Another tough one to select. Honesty. Loyalty. Ability to hold sound/deep conversations. Down to earth/ Real over fake. Positive.
11. What’s better, a superb summer sunset or a crisp starry night sky?
Can’t I pick both?! 😭 Superb sunsets are kinda my thing. It allows me appreciate how magnificent God is that He created such an amazing sun that rises and sets majestically.
That’s a wrap! Thanks again Penny, I had fun answering these questions.
Here are my nominees:
Captain of the Flying Dutchman
Here are my questions:
- If you couldn’t write, what would you do?
- What’s your favorite season in the year, and why?
- What’s your ideal pick me up? (Stuff to get you by when you feel like giving up).
- Juice or soda?
- What’s the meaning of your blog name?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- What’s your favorite movie (or book) of all time?
- Can you summarize it in one sentence?
- What three things would you like to do before you die?
- What’s your favorite song right now?
- If you were a superhero, what would you do to change the world?
Have fun with this!
9 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
Congratulations dear. Thank you for allowing God use you
Thank you sis for your support and encouragement!
Congrats on the well-deserved award! The company you worked for before sounds cool with the things you got to be involved in as part of the fight for Mother Earth. It’s great there’s more awareness and initiatives around being eco-friendly so hopefully things are going in the right direction. Made me chuckle you didn’t know what ‘wellies’ were, we use them a lot in the grey, rainy UK! 😂
Thank you so much for the kind nomination too!
Thanks Caz! I hope you get to try the challenge. Hahaha @ the wellies.
Thank you so much for the tag!! i can’t wait to get started!☺️💞
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much for taking part, M. Love your responses & sorry about the wellies! And great questions you have posed to nominees. Thanks again for taking part. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend.
Penny 💖 xxx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot Penny! I enjoyed every bit of it! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person