Just wanna share a few thoughts I had while I was gone…
1. I thought a lot about death and last conversations. Would our last conversation be deep and meaningful? Or will we wish we said more and did more?
2. Thought about the rain and the mixed feelings it brought. Loneliness and despair coloured this piece.
3. I tried to reminisce on good times growing up. Something so comforting about going back in time.
4. I thought about sleep, a lot as I struggled with insomnia, anxiety and depression. Funny how the last month has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me.
5. I mused on pain and the lessons I had picked from my experience in the last month. I appreciate my highs more because I’ve been through lows.
6. Mornings: some mornings were better than others. No amount of coffee could hide my emotions. But this piece helped capture a bit of what I felt.
7. Finally, this is me, in this very moment. I’m still trying to figure out a lot of things. But most importantly, I learning how to trust God more. Joy is something I’m holding onto today, because of all the sorrows of yesterday.
You can probably relate to one or more of the musings above. In the midst of the despair, depression, anxiety, insomnia and uncertainties, you need to look up to the Heavens and remember where your help comes from.
Also, make this your mantra for the week, “The Joy of The Lord is my Strength!”
Thanks for reading!