Day 22: 10 things about me that people don’t really expect
1. I’m imperfect- most people expect the person running an inspiration blog to be perfect in order to inspire others. But then, half the time I can’t figure out what I’m doing or where I’m going. I try to be perfect but I still fall.
This actually helps me appreciate everyone else who can admit they aren’t perfect, but are trying to be their best. It also helps me rely more on God’s grace because I know I’m nothing without it.
2. I don’t have any valid national identity card- all my cards have expired and I’ve procrastinated so long, I know I need help. Lol. I hope to get this sorted out soon, but I bet you didn’t expect that.
3. I’m a lazy cook- ironically, I come from a tribe that is known for delicious delicacies. But I’m just Garfield who would go to the kitchen only to come out with a bowl of cereals or bread. I can cook stuff but it’s usually my last option (let’s hope future husband isn’t too big on cooked food) 😂
4. I love everything nature- from the different shades of blue in the sky to the different colors of flowers growing on the side of the road, I love everything about nature! I enjoy being out, inhaling unpolluted oxygen while feeding my eyes with God’s masterpiece.
5. I’m a fierce lover- once I love you, the entire universe feels it. And when I lose you, the earth quakes. Lol. This part of me always reminds me how much I’m like my Father in Heaven. Bethel Music calls it ‘Reckless Love’ while Jesus Culture calls it ‘Unstoppable Love’. Well for me, it’s fierce love. God loves us fiercely and continues to shake the world with His love for us. And as His babygirl, I love with such intensity.😘😘
6. I don’t remember the last time I completed a book- I’m one of those book lovers who enjoy buying new books but never get to read them all. I bet you didn’t expect this about me. Blame it on procrastination! 😂
7. I get bored easily- from wallpapers to display pictures and down to activities in my life, I easily get bored and have to find new things to keep me interested. One wouldn’t expect this since I’m a routine person. As much as I like having things in an order, I need to always switch things up so I don’t get uninterested.
8. I adore handwritten notes- you would probably expect this from me. But what you don’t know is that I’ve stored handwritten notes I’ve gotten from as far back as 10 years ago. Every now and then I go through the letters with a profound appreciation for the art of handwriting. Lol.
9. I love cycling- or is it called biking. Well, I do enjoy taking long bike rides with the wind in my hair and my problems far behind me. That’s probably the only sports I’d gladly do.😁
10. I speak Hausa (Northern Nigeria dialect) more than I speak Ibibio (Southern Nigeria dialect- where I’m from)- Once people hear my full name, they identify with where I am but soon find out I’m not the norm. I’m hybrid 😁😁. I like the flavor this adds to my life. I really admire families with mixed cultures. Below is a picture of me in Northern Nigeria outfit- this always confuses people! Haha.
Well that’s it!
It’s your turn…
8 more days to go, people! Let’s do this.