Hope you had a great day. I did too. Although, getting out of my duvet to go to work this morning was the hardest thing ever. Kinda like the Monday blues that Garfield dreads. Thank God I got over it and was active all day.
It’s week three! This feels like when you’re climbing a hill and you get to the steep side. It. Gets. Harder. By. The. Day.
But we’re not giving up!
The beauty about challenges like this is that if you can do this consistently, there’s nothing you can’t do if you put your mind to it.
Let’s dive into today’s post!
Day 17: Things that make me scared
1. Lizards, and other creepy crawlies. I should be used to this since I saw a lot of them in the North. But unfortunately, I still freak out every time I see them (especially red-necked lizards).
2. Embarrassment. I’m legit scared of being embarrassed by anyone or anything, so I try to always play by the rules and do whatever I ought to in order to avoid such scary experience. I still remember when my teacher shouted on me for no reason, back in secondary school… I prayed for the ground to open so it could swallow me up (yes, I took it that far!) 😂😂 Same reason why I don’t talk in public without articulating my thoughts properly.🙈
3. A bad hair day. This stuff scares the hell outta me! Going to the saloon to get your hair done and coming back looking like a clown. I’m scared of having bad hair-dos. For me, it’s like the hairdresser committed murder and should be sued for giving a bad hair-do! 😭
4. I’m scared of losing friends. I mean, we’re bound to grow up and move on at some point, but I’m just scared of losing those I really value. Sometimes it’s hard to imagine life without them.
5. I’m scared of failure. This is the one I’ve dealt with over the years, ‘cos it stops me from trying a lot of new stuff. I don’t like to fail, and I’m scared to death of it.
6. I’m scared of serial killers. Thanks to all the ID Xtra I’ve watched in life! When I enter stranger’s cars I’m always praying they don’t turn out to be serial killers who would dismember my body and store it in a freezer. Lol. I know, my mind always works overtime!
Whenever I talk about fears and I see my list getting really long, I’m forced to pause and remember the phrase; Fear Not!
God hasn’t given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of a sound mind. There would always be a thousand and one things to be scared of in this world, but you’ve gotta deliberately still your heart and whisper, ‘Fear not’ until the fear is gone.
I’m curious though, what are you scared of?