DTM: Friday Night

instasquare_2017128185715228

It’s past 7:00 PM on a Friday night. All I can see is the blank page on my computer screen. It’s like the cursor is mocking me again.

I should probably go out and blow some steam. But then again, I can’t help feeling I haven’t taken in enough steam to blow off.

Probably the most skeletal piece I can come up with. But I want to. I need to… WRITE. This blog has been my safe haven. But suddenly, it feels like I’m locked out. Shut off.

I should probably explain my whereabouts; apologize for leaving you hanging, and eagerly promise to be consistent again. Or who am I kidding? Sighs. Please bear with me.

My thoughts are weaving crazy knots again. It’s Friday night. All I can think of are my assignments left undone, my projects- yet to find the bearing. No one said being in school would be all fun and games. And maybe, they warned about how tough it would be. Why then do I feel like a wet biscuit, crumbling under the pressure of it all?

instasquare_201712819752395

I wanted to talk to you. Several times I tried to type. To say how much I missed being here. But my frozen brain just wouldn’t thaw. My fingers, paralysed from stress could no longer create a literary symphony.

I wonder… would you still stay? Till I find my voice again. Oh, but I’ve been silent for so long! Would I ever speak again with that soothing voice that made you return for more? Or has He taken back the gift? The conflict; endless, the struggle; relentless.

It’s Friday night. I probably would stay here till the lights go out. Soaking myself in the misery bath I’ve made myself with my pool of tears. Or maybe, just maybe, I could take Him by that offer.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. -Matt 11:28-30 (MSG)

Now, isn’t that refreshing? 🙂

How have you been? Have you been stressed lately? How did you handle that? Please share!

Lots of love,

M.

14 thoughts on “DTM: Friday Night

fortunate23 said:
    December 8, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Oh hang in there hun, it’s only temporary. U’ll be fine👍 And yes, I’ll definitely stay here! A big hug to you.

December 9, 2017 at 2:40 AM

Thank you so much, Fortunate! So nice to hear from you again. Your encouragement really helps. God bless!

sweetbeliever said:
    December 9, 2017 at 1:27 AM

I feel you. When I feel stressed out I probably just stay in, and read a book(not academic) or Talk to God about how I feel right then. I hope you feel better now? Thanks for the the bible verse though… Its real encouraging, am going to go back to it.

December 9, 2017 at 2:44 AM

It’s always so good to meet someone who understands. I like your stress relieve mechanisms and would adopt them a lot more consciously. Thank God you enjoyed the Bible verse. Thanks for stopping by!

Gastradamus said:
    December 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM

Sometimes when you have the itch to write, it’s for a reason. Would love your feedback on my new short called The Writers Block. Hope to see you there.

December 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Indeed, it’s for a reason. Thanks Gastradamus! Would check out your piece soon.

Tamie said:
    December 9, 2017 at 8:16 AM

Love that verse.
    Feel like I should copy and paste, cos it echoes how I’ve felt in recent times.
    But I do know it’s just a phase. For me, and for you.
    And I’ll hang in here.

December 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM

Glad it resonated with you Tamie! Thank you for hanging on with me. Xx

Esther said:
    December 9, 2017 at 4:12 PM

I really don’t know you… but I long to meet you someday, I’ve been following your blog posts. You write out my heart! Especially your post “when you hit the rock bottom”. Seems you were writing about me, and now this…

I love your writeups.
    I honour and celebrate you!
    You’re one of a kind!
    You inspire me!

December 9, 2017 at 9:24 PM

Oh dear! Thank you so much for this. God bless you richly!

December 9, 2017 at 11:27 PM

Have I told you that I love the way you write?
    Well now you know. The way you piece simple words together is really something.
    Oh and I missed reading your blog.

December 10, 2017 at 12:06 AM

Thank you DM! So good to see you here. You’ve definitely been missed!😊

Eddy said:
    December 11, 2017 at 4:27 AM

I feel u dear, ive missed ur posts but i understand. May god continue to grant you wisdom and favor. Always remember that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!

December 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM