DTM6

Dear Diary,

Today was a really good day *inserts dancing smiley*. Two good things were involved- food and shopping!  😀

friends.jpg
Photo Credit: theavenuemurfreesboro.com

Friends do make the journey on earth a lot easier. They are there when you’re rejoicing and when you’re sad. As much as I claim that I make friends easily, over the years I’ve learned to value the ones I already have. I hold onto every one of them who saw me grow from being a child to a mid-twenties adult. As long as that time period is, there’s just a handful of them.

I remember one funny timeline as kids where we would have quarrels and then not talk to each other for some days. You can just imagine the pile up of chats that waited for the first person to break the silence. As soon as one said hi to the other, the load of chats poured out. If only I could always be the bigger person and break the silence…but then, why can’t she say hi first?

Speaking of forgiveness, I’ve been learning a lot from my little nephew. You could scold him for something, have him cry but in a few minutes he’s back playing with you! Why isn’t it that simple with adults? Most times pride sets in or the denial of being the one at fault. And so we wait for the other to apologize. Worse for me is when the other person doesn’t even know they’ve done something wrong and you’re just sulking-unnoticed.

When asked by the disciples how many times to forgive someone, Jesus replied 77 times (Matt 18:21-22). I mean, that person should be sent from hell to upset me that many times- LOL. But we get the point, we always have to forgive. Take it from me, carrying someone in your heart for their wrongdoing is one load you want to let go of.

If you haven’t picked anything from DTM, take this with you: Keep Learning.

Question for the day:

If you  didn’t forgive someone and the person died, is your forgiveness still valid when he’s in the grave?

Please share your answers in the comment section! 😊

Happy Weekend!

M.

13 thoughts on “DTM6

Cheila said:
    March 10, 2017 at 6:50 PM

Of course it is. Those things don’t have a moment or a time. You forgave the person, they will know!

March 11, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Hmm..that’s one way to look at it. Thanks Cheila for sharing your thoughts! 🙂

March 10, 2017 at 8:49 PM

You know as I read the line of your little nephew I remember the verse in the Bible – Matthew 18:3-4, which talks about turning from sins and becoming childlike in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. I didn’t get it at first, then one day I did. Children take things with a pinch of salt, the do not bear grudges, they aren’t proud; basically talks about having childlike attitude.
    And about the forgiveness part hmmm you’ll beat yourself hard over it, you’ll think about the what ifs and all of that but I think that’s where you’ll have to forgive yourself. But also that’s why it’s also said that we should go to sleep holding a grudge. I don’t think it literally means don’t sleep holding a grudge but rather sort it out at that moment so you be free of whatever guilt the future might hold.

March 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM

Thank you DM for shedding more light on this 🙂

Eddy said:
    March 11, 2017 at 8:24 AM

Hmmm, may God help us forgive easily

oyide said:
    March 11, 2017 at 10:59 PM

Amazing! You remodelled your blog 🙂 I love it! We need to fix a meet-up Mfon- let’s talk about blog branding.

And lovely series. Yes. Yes. That’s the answer to the question.

Although, we reject death in Jesus’ Name.

Hope everything is well?

March 11, 2017 at 11:27 PM

Hiya Blessing! 😀 Thanks for stopping by. Yes, everything is fine, thank God. And yes, we should see soon 🙂

oyide said:
        March 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM

Great! Will contact you by God’s grace.

Please contact me too if you think of a schedule sooner than I do.

Thank you.

Emily Susanne said:
    March 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM

As long as you’re still breathing, you can forgive. It’s actually less about the other person and more about the state of your own heart. And it also creates peace. 😊 Great post M! I’m glad you had fun.

March 12, 2017 at 1:47 PM

Yes indeed! Thanks for sharing your thoughts Emily! 🙂

Courtney said:
    March 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Great post Mfon! So true that forgiveness is important!

Please forgive me for not stopping in more – I’ll try to be more frequent in the future!😉

March 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM

Nice pun Courtney! 😀 I’m also sorry for not following up on yours. Thanks dear!