Us Against the World

large
Photo Credit: Quotesgram.com

Ever felt like you’re against the world alone? Like you’re beating against the wind? Like the waves are swallowing you into their bellies? On the outside, you look like you’ve got it together but the inside is super messy! You try to put on a smile so they don’t ask you what’s wrong. You’re done telling them the sad stories and have them reply with awws and sorrys anyway. If you feel that way, know you’re not alone.

I would very much like to console you and tell you you’re never alone. But are you really? I mean, have you somehow abandoned the One who said He wouldn’t leave nor forsake you? Let’s get real with ourselves. What do you think would have happened if David faced Goliath alone- without God? I bet Goliath would have squashed his head in his large hands and then use it for shot-put! Well then, it’s no surprise the world is crumbling on your feeble shoulders. It’s no shocker that everything just doesn’t seem to be working!

I have fought the world alone and lost. Like a little girl punching a belt-holding-boxer, he didn’t budge one bit. My mistake. It’s our mistake when we go into stuffs without putting God as the head of all things. It’s our mistake to think we can by some funny means overcome the world on our own.

It’s ‘US’ against the world. Me and God. You and God. Not ‘me’ alone, not ‘you’ alone. Please humbly return to Him because He is all you need to face the world. He is all you need to wake up in the morning and not feel like everyone in the world hates you.

It’s me and you God. Now and forever!

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”- John 16:33

Have a victorious week!

9 thoughts on “Us Against the World

October 31, 2016 at 7:16 PM

You tell us…M! We are never alone unless we leave God. He made us the promise He’d leave nor forsake us, (Heb.13:5). So when we feel all alone it’s time to re-think things…

Steve

November 2, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Thank you Steve! I totally agree! 🙂

November 4, 2016 at 12:13 AM

I like the way you think, M!

🙂

November 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM

And I can get really used to this support system 😀 Good to have you here! God bless!

November 9, 2016 at 9:10 PM

I support what I feel is good and helpful to others, in the name of goodness through a spiritual viewpoint. You have some very good offerings on your blog, M.

🙂

November 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Thank you Steve! Stay blessed. 🙂

November 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM

And may the Father bless you M in all that you endeavor to do in spirit and truth! Enjoy your evening…Steve

Emily said:
    October 31, 2016 at 11:21 PM

That’s a great reminder M! Sometimes life can get lonely, but Jesus is our friend who knows our struggle and holds our future in His hands. 1 Peter 5:9 also reminds us that other believers struggle as well! We just need to talk about it more lol.

November 2, 2016 at 2:08 PM