Extreme

xtreemSometimes God uses extreme situations to get our attention. I’ve found this to be true. Days when I’m doing everything right and following my usual routines seem ‘blah’ in comparison to days when I trip and fall into temptation. Days when imperfection is boldly written across my forehead. Such days when I feel like a worthless piece of rag God wouldn’t want to have anything to do with – those are the days when I hear Him. When I feel Him. When I know without a doubt, the undiluted grace of God. You wouldn’t know the gravity of forgiveness until you’ve done something really wrong.

There are others who face extreme situations such as death of a loved one, or a near death experience, or robbery, loss of job or just a state of being low. You know, that low that comes after a high. After the noisy night of partying ends and you wind up lonely. In such moments, He has our attention. He speaks. He lets us know what we ought to do and how we ought to live.

It’s like a father with a college kid who never really calls until they get broke. So broke, they turn back to their father in desperate need of financial help. God knows that to get your attention sometimes He needs to shake your world a little. Shake all the things you trust in. Yes, you trusted the bus ride to be smooth as always but today the tire went off and the bus swerved so close to the edge of the bridge. Your life flashed before your eyes. ‘Jesus!’ You screamed, desperately hoping He would give you another chance to right your wrongs and live right. Sometimes we never keep the vows we make. But when we get so shaken up, we realize just how much we need Him.

never-fails

Are you in an extreme situation? Do you feel so lost? So low? So imperfect? So lonely? Don’t fear, you’re right where He wants you. Now He’s got your attention, so open up to Him. Tell Him everything, ask for His help and listen. It’s amazing the lessons we learn from such moments! I pray you don’t misuse such moments complaining or beating yourself up about it. Remember God’s love never fails! He loves you too much to let you go!

stamp new

15 thoughts on “Extreme

[…] I’d like to share this beautiful post by Mfon over at Dainty M titled Extreme. Mfon reminds us of the powerful way in which God speaks to us, often in extreme ways. When we […]

October 9, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing dear 😊

October 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM

This! He has me right where I’m supposed to be. This!
    Sometimes it’s difficult to see beyond the situation but hold on, you’re in the right place, right situation and God has got you.
    Amen

Emily said:
    October 10, 2016 at 7:57 AM

When we are weakest, He is at His strongest. We should boast in these extreme times because they build our faith (even though they suck at the moment)!

October 10, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Yes, they do suck a lot.. But yeah, we need to boast in this weakness as we partake of His magnificent strength. Thank you Emily! ❤

October 10, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Sometimes, I wonder that if these low times didn’t happen, would I have really felt God’s love. One thing I know now is even in those situations, God is there and He is watching and looking over us. Thanks for this!! You are blessed

October 10, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Thank you Damola. Yes indeed, God is watching over us and providing the strength to pull through. 🙂

Papberry said:
    October 10, 2016 at 9:14 PM

God bless you for sharing this dear, as humans as we are, we turn to listen most at our low points… That’s even the times we hear clearly from God and He keeps working for our God at all times!
    Bless you once again dear.

October 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM

God bless you too hun! Yes indeed. We are most humble and willing to listen at such times. Thanks for commenting 🙂

Der Krieger des Lichts said:
    October 12, 2016 at 2:21 AM

Beautiful words 🙂

October 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Thank God! And thank you for the encouragement! 🙂

fabianwhyte said:
    October 14, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Your words are so blessed. Thank you for the post

Extreme Situations – Priyanka Naik said: