Dance

Posted on

D

It’s the fourth day of the A-Z blogging challenge and the letter is D!

So why dance? (Why not daydream which I do a lot or dogs, which are cute as long as they aren’t barking at me) 😀

Photo credit: quotesgeek.com

Dance is an art. An art so intricately designed. It’s completely mind blowing how the body can move in such rhythmic strokes to music! I absolutely love dance and my favourites are hip-hop and contemporary. The union between songs in these genres and the body movement is simply amazing! Well, if you were wondering, I dance-but I’m still a ‘closet dancer’ 😀

hiphop
Photo Credit: ikindance.com.au

Dance expresses emotions in the rawest forms. If it’s anger, you can see that in dances like krumping. If it’s love, you can see that in contemporary or ballet. I’ve also learnt to channel my emotions to dance. When I’m sad, I dance. When I’m excited. I dance. And no, you won’t catch me dancing just yet 😀 Well, not until I go for proper dance lessons.

My love for dance started from watching a lot of dance movies (the likes of Save the last dance, You got Served, Honey, Stomp the Yard, Step up etc). I still daydream that ‘the one’ may just be my dance instructor or something *lovestruck*Lol.

contemporary
Photo credit: live2danceottawa.wordpress.com

I’m not always happy when I visit churches and there’s no dance unit. Come on! This may just be the only talent some youths have and I strongly believe it should be harnessed to the glory of God. David in the Bible was equally a crazy dancer. There’s this popular song ‘when the spirit of the Lord is upon me, I will dance like David danced…’ Now that the Spirit is within you, wotchu waiting for? Dance!

dancee
Photo Credit: wall321.com

Dance is a beautiful art! It’s also a good form of exercise. Try out Zumba dance videos if you’re crazy about keeping fit 😉

I say this again, dance is a channel for the expression of emotions/feelings. Whether it is sadness or gladness, you can always express it in dance!

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness- Psalm 30:11

The joy of our hearts has ceased; Our dancing has been turned into mourning.– Lam 5:15

Don’t put dance in a box, let dance flow. Be as creative as you can with dance, that’s the beauty of it!

So how about you- do you dance? What’s your favourite type of dance?

4 down, 22 to go!

Lots of love,

15 thoughts on “Dance

GraysBibi said:
    April 5, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Anything goes ooooo! As long as I’m in my father’s house.. 😀

April 6, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Yes o! That’s the only place where we can really be free 😀

lifeofgrace said:
    April 5, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Hey! This is a good post! I do dance. Ballet actually. It’s so amazing!

April 6, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Oh really! That’s beautiful. 😀

Jem Croucher said:
    April 6, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Snap! I’m doing the A-Z April thing over at Jemverse – my D was for dancing too – https://jemverse.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/dancing/

Juni Desireé said:
    April 7, 2016 at 3:54 AM

Dancing is definitely one of my favourite things in the world!

April 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Yes I’ve read some of your posts and I know you do the ballet 😀

Juni Desireé said:
        April 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Wow, you’ve got a good memory!

April 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM

LOL, yeah! 🙂

Chanel Bailey said:
    April 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM

I love this Dainty! The art of Dancing is so powerful! For me, when I am dancing, I escape from everything that concerns me. I get lost in the music, rhythm, words and fun of it all. I really like dancing with my husband. He’s super cute and can hang with me! Lol! But when it comes to praise dancing, ballet, ballroom and beyond, I still experience that mental escape by watching others. Just so priceless and indeed one of my favorite pass times!😊

April 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM

It’s nice to know you relate so well to this. Dance is just breath-taking! I hope to have those dance moments you have with my future husband someday 😊

Chanel Bailey said:
        April 8, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Those dance moments are with my current husband Dainty. We have been together nearly 10 years. He’s my Dance partner for life!😊

April 8, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Oh wow! I love what you have right there and I’ll include it in my prayers for my future husband 😊 wish you many more years of bliss Chanel!