5 things I hate
Hmmm, five things I hate *hand on my chin* Hate is a strong word though. I think I’d rather use ‘dislike’. It’s normal to have dislikes and it’s also important that people respect that. I’ve seen cases where people make their rules seem pretty clear to the world but overrule those of others. It’s like you want everyone to live by your rules and respect your dislikes and likes but see no reason why you should do same to others. This stuff has got to be reciprocal!
For me,here are some five things I dislike:
- Noisy places- this totally gets me nuts! It makes me unbalanced and disoriented-the scowl on my face says it all.
- Ill manners- no ‘please’, no ‘sorry’, no ‘excuse me’…Come on! These things are like a,b,c…
- Invasion of privacy (nosy)– it’s funny how people who barely know how to paddle their canoes would rather teach someone else how to steer their engine. Respect the personal space puh-leeze!
- Lateness- I hate being late. There’s nothing more embarrassing than walking into a meeting when everyone else is seated. Geez! All those eyes! *shakes head to remove the image*
- Horror movies- way too scary! They could give me nightmares for a week!
Against the above backdrop, I’d like to paint a few pictures on respect. I have a friend who hates seeing random stuffs on his desk. He could literally trash anything that isn’t his on the table and I respect that.So, I don’t go dropping my cup on his table just because it’s closer to the door or just cause we’re friends. Yeah, lots of people like using that excuse!
Another instance that could make this clearer is the ‘manners’ part of my list. For instance, I feel it’s rude to leave someone on the phone while talking to some other person in the background and returning as if nothing happened. Yeah, we are best buds, but you’ve gotta respect the rules. That’s what friends do! 🙂
It’s okay to expect others to respect your likes and dislikes-its normal. But you need to respect those of others bearing in mind that yours doesn’t supersede others. It’s like implementing Nigerian laws on American soil- both laws are important but only valid in their designated territories. So while in Nigeria, you respect Nigerian laws and while in America, you respect the American laws. Enough of the analogies, I’m sure we all get the point. 😉
Let people know what you like or don’t like so you don’t have to be uncomfortable every time things you don’t like are done. But always remember to accord respect to others as well.
It’s my desire that you live victorious lives!
Day 25 down, 6 more to go.
Yippee! We’re getting there.